Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Why do I prefer fruity wines?

"Why do you prefer fruity wines, Bank?" is a question I often get (or its polar opposite of "Why don't you like tannic wines, Bank?").

Interesting questions, I must admit.

I think it has come down to the two cuisines of my childhood: Chinese and Thai. I am a Thai citizen with Chinese grandparents. Asian food tend to be better paired with wines that are not tannic. This journey of self-discovery is another positive step towards defining who I am as a wine person.

To define the types of wines one prefers should be something that new wine drinkers should do first and foremost. Personally I believe that this is something much more worthwhile to start off your journey into the wine world than only focusing on wines from big producers and ignoring the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment