Located in what was once a warehouse in Ponsonby, the Good One coffee shop is famous not only for the brews they make, but also for their large collection of National Geographic magazines. It is the flagship of the Supreme coffee brand. Another one under this umbrella is the Supreme Seafarers. For my blogpost about that coffee shop, please click here.
Overall grade: 4.5/5.0
- It was once a warehouse, which has been renovated into a coffee shop
- The posters on their walls show the customers the coffee making process
- "Bare bones" industrial, minimalist decor; this style enhances their brand image.
- Free water options: bubbly or still
- There is a coffee tasting room that is open to the public on certain days of the week. Good for new product test-runs.
- The large National Geographic collection
- Friendly staff
However, if you're someone who doesn't like the cold, you might want to take your coffee back to your office or accommodation, because after all, it is a warehouse, and the high ceilings mean a cooler indoor temperature - almost as cool as it is outdoors. Nonetheless, don't forget that in summer months, this place would be cooler than outside, because of the very same high ceiling.
Impressive in its own right, but not quite reaching the same level as Kokako due to their lack of food options, but maybe they aren't aiming for that. For my post about Kokako, please click here.
|The National Geographic collection|
|A poster showing how different styles of coffee are made|
|The shop's tasting room|
|Pastries made by little and friday|
|Fill your own cup|
|Steel stools and steel tables|
|This is the flagship shop of the Supreme coffee brand|